Wednesday, March 12, 2008

History Lessons

I have been trying to develop a table detailing, by column, the major developments of music styles, technology, legislation in the USA, legislation in AU and important cases. But it seems that I have opened a can of worms - every source I refer to has some different dates and different events to consider so its taking me a lot longer than I thought it would and it may be a little while yet before I can share it with you.

As part of this adventure, toady I have visited a website which has a nice little time line detailing the emergence of rock and roll. Another interesting article from today notes that it is ten years this month since the first mp3 player was launched.

I'm thinking that this project will never actually be complete as music/technology/law will continue to develop, so maybe I will publish it as a series of ever improving drafts. Hopefully I can share what I have started with soon.

No comments: