Thursday, July 24, 2008

Song/Clip of the Moment: System of a Down, Boom

I am in the middle of drafting a paper for a conference early next year (I hope) and have been referring to much of the music that I have been writing about on my blog.

One of the points that I am seeking to make is that for contemporary music, sometimes the film clip can inform the lyrics of the track and ehance the political content.

I am using this System of a Down clip – Boom – as an example of this and given that it is available to freely and legitimately share, I thought to add it to my blog for those who haven’t seen it:





According to wikipedia, the clip was made with the assistance of Michael Moore.

Of course my earlier analysis of the Dukes of Windsor Clip for ‘It’s A War’ shows that the opportunity is not always taken to put forward a political statement in video clips.

No comments: