Friday, November 23, 2012

International Association of Popular Music Au/NZ

Just a quick note to let you know I am presenting a paper at the International Association of Popular Music Conference (Australia New Zealand) in Hobart soon. The conference is being held in Hobart Tasmania from 5 December 2012 to 7 December 2012. I am presenting a paper on the flow of political music on the Internet and will be comparing the regulatory states (commerce, law, architecture, and social norms) that were in place for the release of two songs -The GetUp Mob version of From Little Things Big Things Grow and the song George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People by The Legendary K.O. I am presenting on Thursday 6 December 2012. If you happen to be in the area perhaps have a look at the conference program and details on the IASPM A/NZ website. I have presented at this associations conference 3 times before and I am really looking forward to it. I plan to blog a little bit about it while I am there. Some of the papers look really interesting.

No comments: