Monday, March 7, 2011

Save the Kimberley

This weeks effort is to write introductions for the bands/artists The John Butler Trio, The Herd, Blue King Brown, Ben Harper, Ani Di Franco and Anne Feeney without contacting them and without looking at their Wikipedia page - wish me luck - after that I have to find out who wrote the lyrics to some of their songs without access to the most direct sources of information - again luck will be needed as I purchased many of the tracks digitally and dont have the liner notes from the CDs. Now would be a great time to have a centralised database of all artists and songs that is available to the general public. Gracenote simply wont provide me with the details I need.

Speaking of the John Butler Trio - they are auctioning off a signed guitar to help raise money for the Save the Kimberley Campaign - its great to see JBT still so heavily involved in activism. You can find out more information about the campaign here and here.

No comments: