Friday, November 7, 2008

Music with a Message

Here are some of the songs I am playing on my radio show this week, I might pull out some of the Obama songs I played a few weeks ago as well.


The Impressions, People Get Ready
Josh White, Free and Equal Blues
Bob Marley and the Wailers, Four Hundred Years
Neville Brothers, My Blood
J.B. Lenoir, Alabama Blues
Len Chandler, Murder on the Roads of Alabama
Big Bill Broozny, Black, Brown & White
The Freedom Singers, Which Side Are You on (Civil Rights Version)
Pete Seeger, We Shall Overcome
Arrested Development, Revolution
Dead Kennedys, Kinky Sex Makes the World Go Round
Redgum, I Was Only 19
The John Butler Trio, Company Sin
Midnight Oil, Truganini
Our Land Our Home, This Lands Worth More than Silver and Gold
Blue King Brown, Us and Them
Blue King Brown, Comin’ Through
Anne Feeney, Take Them Down!
Anne Feeney, Scabs
The Sons of the Pioneers, Old Man Antom
Lee Hayes, The Dodger Song
Slim Smith, Bread Line Blues
U2, Pride (In the Name of Love)
U2, Walk On
Ani Di Franco, Self Evident
Anne Feeney, Rebuild America/Keep Hope Alive
Barry McGuire, Eve of Destruction
Simple Minds, Mandela Day
Helen Reddy, I am Woman
Billy Bragg, Ideology

No comments: