Friday, November 28, 2008

Music with a Message

Here are some of the songs I am going to play on my radio program this weekend. I am very excited to be playing five tracks from The Herd – its hard to pick my favourite from this list they are such a great band but if pushed to choose perhaps I would say 2020 or Its Time to Face the Truth are two that stand out.

Billy Bragg, Help Save the Youth of America
Billy Bragg, Days Like These
Billy Bragg, Ideology
Eliot, Freedom of Speech
Pitch Black, Speech (Freedom of Speech Remix)
Mamie Brown and the Birmingham Movement Choir, I’m on My Way
Freedom Singers, Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around
Woody Guthrie, 1913 Massacre
Simple Minds, Mandela Day
Peter Tosh, Equal Rights
Neville Brothers, Sister Rosa
Our Land Our Home, Forgotten Tribe
Our Land Our Home (Goanna), Solid Rock
Joe Glazer, Preacher and the Slave
Joe Glazer, There’s Power in a Union
Tracy Chapman, Talkin About a Revolution
John Lennon, Imagine
No FX, Franco UnAmerican
Neil Young, Lets Impeach the President
John Butler Trio, Fire In the Sky
Edwin Starr, War
Meredith Brooks, Bitch
No Doubt, Just a Girl
The Herd, Time to Face the Truth
The Herd, 2020
The Herd, The King is Dead
The Herd, 77%
The Herd, Emergency
Country Joe McDonald, Save the Whales
Julian Lennon, Saltwater
Jamiroquai, Emergency on Planet Earth
U2, Sunday Bloody Sunday

No comments: